Francois Samuel, Head of Building Regulations Policy at the Welsh Government will join the impressive speaker lineup and will talk in session one at the technical conference taking place at Cardiff Metropolitan University on 22 June.
The second instalment of the Built Environment Series will showcase national and regional expertise and specialists from across the Built Environment will come together to explore wide-reaching subjects relevant to the challenges and legislations within Wales.
As a representative from the Welsh Government, Francois will join session one - 'Update on the Building Regulations and Building Safety Programme in Wales' alongside CABE Technical Director, Richard Harral. This session will explore in more detail the latest developments of the Building Regulation in Wales and how the Building Safety Programme is likely to be implemented.
Oliver Williams will be giving a sub-talk - A Legal Perspective. The presentations will then be followed by a Q&A session.
Complementing the speaker programme will be a trade exhibition allowing you to discover, learn and develop, with content tailored to the Welsh Built Environment, plus you can earn 6 CPD hours by attending.
The speaker programme is full of experts that will join Francois, speaking on other key areas of the industry. These include:
Construction Product Regulation, Certification and Testing
This session will explore the implications to the testing, certification and specification of construction products and materials in our sector following creation of the new Office Product Safety and Standards (OPSS), changes to the status of standards and certification requirements resulting from Brexit, and serious safety concerns raised as a consequence of the Grenfell tower tragedy.
- Dr Gavin Dunn – CEO – Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE)
- Hanna Clarke – Digital and Policy Manager – Construction Products Association (CPA)
- Hardy Giesler – CEO – British Board of Agrement (BBA)
Achieving Low or Zero Carbon in Practice
This session will explore the practicalities of delivering low and zero-carbon buildings in our sector and the challenges of delivering the future requirements home for both new and existing buildings.
- Professor John Littlewood – Professor – Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Stuart Fairlie – Managing Director – Elmhurst Energy
- Dr Jo Atkinson – Practise Manager – Buildings Energy Systems Catapult
- Stuart Jones – Principle Design Manager – Wates Residential & Development
- David Jacques – Operational Manager – Development & Regeneration – Cardiff Council