CABE is delighted to host a new event for 2023, co-locating with CIBSE’s Build2Perform at ExCeL London on 5-6 December.
Built Environment LIVE is a free, two-day technical symposium and trade exhibition, combining construction specialists with key leadership speakers from across building safety, building regulation and specialist professions. Built Environment LIVE 2023 is sponsored by Adexon Fire & Smoke Curtains.
With the theme of Performance, Compliance and Safety, LIVE will reflect the rapidly changing expectations by which building engineers design and maintain buildings. This event is not just about witnessing change – it’s about being at the forefront of it.
What you will experience
- interactive sessions – dive into interactive sessions led by industry experts, where you will gain valuable solutions to support your understanding and further your development within your role. Each session includes a Q&A section, giving you first-hand access to ask pressing questions to leading industry professionals
- exclusive insights – join us in the CABE Theatre to hear real-world case studies and best practice that will keep you ahead in the built environment. Visit the exhibition and learn how the latest products and services can help you in your role
- continuing professional development (CPD) – LIVE is a fantastic opportunity for you to gain CPD, with the two-day event providing you with a chance to claim up to 13 hours of CPD; and
- networking opportunities – connect with peers, industry leaders and potential collaborators. Share insights, cultivate partnerships and broaden your professional network.
Alongside this, there is the opportunity to take part in a dedicated Q&A session with a panel of Building Safety Regulator (BSR) officials. These officials will also be on hand throughout to answer any questions you have about the role of the BSR, building control registration and the new dutyholding regime.
CABE’s speaker theatre offers valuable updates on changes to legislation, industry trends and industry challenges. The expert line-up will present on a wide range of topics including building safety, fire safety, regulatory reform, new build housing quality and retrofitting of buildings. All of these will help to enhance your professional knowledge and improve your competency. Speakers include:
Tim Galloway – Deputy Director of Building Safety Programme, BSR
Tim will deliver the keynote address, discussing the development of the BSR, the changes it will bring and the effects that this will have on the built environment.
Jon Vanstone – Chair, Industry Competence Committee
Jon will join a panel discussing building, fire safety and regulatory reform. He will delve into the complications of the new dutyholding regime, the changes and their wider implications.
Hilary Grayson – Director of Surveying, Sava
As part of the session exploring new build house quality, surveying and new build snagging, Hilary will explain the regulations and how they integrate with the New Homes Quality Code.
David Adams – Strategic Advisor, Future Homes Hub
David will come together with sustainability specialists to look at the practicalities of delivering low- and zero-carbon buildings. He will explore the challenges of delivering the future requirements for both new and existing buildings and how we can achieve the Future Homes Standard 2025.
Professor Jo Patterson – Professional Research Fellow, Welsh School of Architecture, Cardiff University (Prifysgol Caerdydd)
How is the built environment going to retrofit its domestic and non-domestic buildings to meet the expectations for energy efficiency and climate resilience? Jo and David Pierpoint, Chief Executive of Retrofit Academy, will discuss their different perspectives on this challenge.
Attend Built Environment LIVE and discover the latest industry products, services and innovations in the exhibition stands. CABE is delighted to welcome all of the exhibitors, including:
- Business Sprinkler Alliance (BSA)
- Coopers Fire
- GB Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the BSR
- Local Authority Building Control (LABC)
- Total Training and Development Ltd
See the full list of exhibitors at builtenvironmentseries.com/live-2023
Adexon Fire & Smoke Curtains
CABE’s headline sponsor for Built Environment LIVE is Adexon Fire & Smoke Curtains
Adexon is dedicated to improving standards in the fire curtain industry. Collaborating with prominent architects, engineers and contractors, Adexon has earned a reputation for excellence, securing prestigious projects such as 100 Bishopsgate.
Adexon will be exhibiting throughout the two days and presenting two of CABE’s exhibitor speaking sessions as part of the CPD programme. There will also be a chance to find out more with Adexon’s interactive smoke chamber, which will feature live demonstrations of smoke curtains that stop, control and reduce the spread of harmful smoke.
Find out more about Adexon Fire & Smoke Curtains at Adexon-uk.com
Co-locating Built Environment Live with CIBSE’s Build2Perform allows us to offer you the opportunity to not just attend the CABE Theatre and exhibition, but also access to Build2Perform and Light2Perform. Here you will be able to listen to CIBSE’s CPD programmes and discover more about:
- delivering net-zero buildings; and
- how adopting digital tools and smart technologies can assist in the design, construction and operation of buildings.
There is also the opportunity to explore their wider exhibition and discover how the latest products and services on the market can help you. Discover more at build2perform.co.uk
Built Environment LIVE 2023 is your opportunity to immerse yourself in the future of construction and engineering. Join us from 5-6 December 2023 and be part of this dynamic journey towards improving performance, compliance and safety.
Image credit | iStock | Building-Safety-Regulator