Thinking of applying for Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) status in 2023? Here’s what you need to know
What is CEnv?
CEnv is a chartership recognising the work that professionals do to lead the path towards a sustainable future.
What skills are required for a successful CEnv application?
CEnv assessors have highlighted some of the key skills that characterise being a CEnv, they include:
- curiosity; and
- a willingness to continuously evolve and learn.
Some top tips for writing your CEnv application in 2023
- don’t ignore where your sector/organisation could improve on an environmental level because few industries are 100% green
- demonstrate quality and varied experience rather than relying on a high number of years’ experience in your sector
- make sure to show understanding of the environment through your own sector and work and make it relevant to your own experience
- understand CEnv is an individual achievement; you should, therefore,
- use I not We in your application
- include your own opinions if you can argue them well; and
- include how you have helped the environment in a personal capacity. It doesn’t all have to be about demonstrating skills in a professional setting.
Find out more at socenv.org.uk/resource/assessor-top-tips-successful-cenv-application
CABE is licensed by the Society for the Environment to award the professional registrations REnvTech, REnvP and CEnv to members.
To find out more visit cbuilde.com/socenv