Registration is open for Building Inspectors in Wales

Professionals working in Building Control in Wales can now go online and register as a Registered Building Inspector (RBI) with the Building Safety Regulator (BSR).

Guidance on how to register as an RBI can be found on the Welsh government’s website. The UK government’s website also provides further guidance on understanding the role, what you’ll need to apply and how, as well as details applicable to bodies applying to be Registered Building Control Approvers.

To register as a Building Inspector in either England or Wales, you need to provide details of your BSR-approved competency assessment. CABE are providing members and non members with one such scheme, CABE’s Building Inspector Competency Assessment Scheme.

If you have already applied to be an RBI in England but wish to apply to work in Wales (at no additional cost), you should contact the BSR.

The BSR will be in touch with anyone who has already indicated that they want to be registered in Wales to confirm that they still wish to register as an RBI in Wales.

Read our interview with the Welsh Government's new Head of Building Regulations Policy, Mark Tambini FCABE, to find out what his priorities are.



Quantity Surveyor

Quantity Surveyor Our client is a well-established and highly regarded heavy civil engineering con...


Project Quantity Surveyor

Project Quantity Surveyor (Property Maintenance) East London or Manchester £45,000 - £67,000 + Hyb...


Quantity Surveyor

A well-respected property and construction consultancy are looking to add an ambitious Quantity Surv...


Construction Project Manager

Our client, a Main Contractor, based in Bedford are seeking a Project Manager to join them due to co...