Liviu Tudor, President of the European Property Federation, has studied infection control measures in hospitals and created an open source platform for assessing and improving a building’s operations in response to Covid-19. Some of the elements that make up what a future workplace could look like include:
- A quarantine/immune room to use to isolate hypothetically contaminated people
- Walls covered with antimicrobial paint proven to prevent bacteria
- Rounded corners to minimise bacterial deposits in toilet cubicles
- Crowded areas to be fitted with high-class filters for the intake air
- Building entrances providing temperature scanning equipment
- Digital display units in receptions to show indoor air quality in comparison to outside air.